This a favourite craft, it is simple so pretty much any age group can do it. It's also a perfect blank slate craft, it can be any theme and since the pages also form pockets it can also morph from being a book into a mini file folder - great for coupons or tea bags or small craft supplies. The sky is the limit.
The Kid helped me make these, and since her new hobby is making videos we decided to add a few videos to this blog as well.
Paper Bag Scrapbooks are pretty easy to do. Here's what you need:
- paper bags
- stapler and/or hole punch
- assort craft supplies - whatever you have on hand - stickers, markers, paper etc
Getting set to make the books. Great way to use up lots of left over craft supplies.
How to Make the Scrapbooks
- Cut the bottom of the bag off
- Stack your bags and fold in half.
- To bind the bags you can staple at the fold, or punch holes and tie ribbons to bind the book closed. This adds some colour but also makes the pages a bit harder to turn.
- Decorate your bag!
- Optional - to tie the book closed, punch a hole on the outside front and back cover and tie ribbon to the holes. You can then tie the two pieces together to close the book up (this keeps things in the pockets from falling out).
Paper bag Scrapbook pages have pockets in them, making them a great place to store small items - like ticket stubs, stickers, notes from friends and so on. The pockets are also the perfect size to hold things like tea bags, hot chocolate packets, and other flat treats, making them a perfect gift for teachers, bus drivers, or family members.
Here is a quick tutorial video (filmed by Izzy) to walk you through the steps. (we're still working on the filming & sound aspect so bear with us!)