As usual lots of interesting things happening around Kelowna this weekend!
1. Kokanee Fun Run - Saturday October 18th, Mission Creek Park. 3, 6, 12, and 16 km walks and runs in the Mission Creek Park area. Children and students run for free, adults are $15 per runner. Proceeds support environmental initiatives at local schools and the Friends of Mission Creek Park.
2. Cineplex Community Day - Saturday October 18, Free movies and $2 concession items. Doors open at 8:30 am with movies starting at 9:00 am. We've never attended one of these days but I think it's pretty safe to expect large crowds!
3. Public Skating - Winter is coming, so why not get started practicing your skating skills? Public skating happens at the Rutland Arena and the Capital News Centre arena. Check the schedule for times.
4. Get ready to have the coolest halloween costume with a Sugar Skull facepainting session (older kids/teens and parents). Saturday October 18th, Rotary Arts Centre, $5 per person.
5. Take a drive out to Fintry Provincial Park and hike the stairs to the top of the water falls. Take a picnic and enjoy some time down by the lake and finish up the day with a stroll through their labyrinth.
Get out and adventure!